Tuesday, May 20, 2014

CAS Just Because

Hello!  It's been a while since I posted anything, so I thought I would post a couple of cards that I have made for some challenges and also just for fun.  The first one that I am posting is for the clean and simple challenge and also the technique lovers challenge from yesterday over on Splitcoaststampers.  The CAS challenge was a water theme and the technique challenge was to stamp using an embossing folder.  I picked out a damask embossing folder and inked it up using  shabby shutters and broken chine distress ink pads.  I then spritzed it with water and placed some watercolor paper over it and pressed down.  I love the soft watery effect that I got.  I popped up my sentiment panel and added a few sequins and that was it!  Very quick and simple!  I will be trying this technique out on other embossing folders.  Oh my, my wheels are turning imagining all the different colors and patterns!!!


Here are the links to the challenges:  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/try-new-technique-f44/tlc482~-emboss-stamp-~%7B5-19-14%7D-t587762.html
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/clean-simple-cards-f239/cas273-docksides-water-theme-challenge-5-19-14-a-t587779.html

Have a great day!  Thanks for stopping by!!

TTFN
Dawn

Supplies:

watercolor cs by canson
cardstock by bazzill
embossing folder by darice
sentiment by stampendous
broken china and shabby shutters distress ink
black archival ink
sequins
pop dots

2 comments: