Monday, April 7, 2014

Dry Embossed Hello

It is a wet, dreary day here in Virginia.  What better way to spend my time on a day like this than to play in my crap room!  I have several card classes this week and have been doing lots of prep work for them, but I found time to play along with this week's CAS (clean and simple) challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  The challenge is to use dry embossing.  Not a problem, I have a TON of embossing folders and I just ordered a whole bunch of Anna Griffin embossing folders and dies from HSN.  They arrived the other day and they are GORGEOUS!!!!!  I should NOT be allowed to watch that channel!  Just sayin' lol!!!

I embossed a white panel of cardstock  and die cut the sentiment by Avery Elle out of gold pow paper.  I also die cut, stamped and popped my floral image from Pretty Peonies by Papertrey Ink.  You can't see it in the photo but I used  my wink of stella clear pen all over the flower and leaves.  Subtle but very pretty IRL.  I also just bought some fun silver and gold embroidery thread and used the gold on this card.


I had fun making this one and am happy with how it turned out!  Well hopefully the weather improves this week.  I have a new doggy that likes to go on nice long walks!!  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

This week's CAS challenge can be found here:  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/clean-simple-cards-f239/cas267-dry-embossing-4-7-14-a-t586189.html

TTFN
Dawn

Supplies:

embossing folder by Anna Griffin
Pretty Peonies stamp set and die by PTI
Hello die by Avery Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment