Saturday, January 25, 2014

Watercolored Thank You

Another card from the other day.  I hadn't played with my gelato's for some time, so I decided to break them out.  I had tried stamping with them before, but was never happy with the results that I achieved.  I am much happier with the way this card turned out.  I watched a tutorial on someone's blog recently and it made more sense.  Sorry, for the life of me I can't remember whose blog.  Anyway, I spritzed up an old Stampin' Up stamp set called Inspired By Nature with water and then colored with various gelato's directly onto the wet stamp.  Next I stamped my image onto water color paper and let it dry.  I then flicked a couple of different colors of Heidi Swapp color shine over it.  I stamped my sentiment from Simon Says Stamp (Flower Friend) using black archival ink and adhered it to my card base and voila!  I love the water colored/artsy look of this.


Anyway, that is it for me today.  I am off to work, but hope to find some more time to play this weekend.

Have a great weekend.

TTFN
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment